Skip to main content

Visitor Accommodation Services

West Arnhem Regional Council offers accommodation to contractors and other authorised visitors to West Arnhem communities in Gunbalanya, Maningrida, Minjilang and Warruwi.

Accommodation ranges from self contained cabins to single rooms with shared facilities to duplexes, and all are within the community limits and walking distance to most town facilities. View more accommodation information is available at the below link.

Book Online or Check Availability



It is the responsibility of all visiting personnel to arrange appropriate permits directly with the Northern Land Council.

These communities are all dry communities and as such, alcohol is not permitted in guest accommodation – even if you have a permit. Failure to comply will result in your accommodation being withdrawn immediately. Prior to your arrival, please take the time to familiarise yourself with the specific circumstances and your responsibilities as a visitor. Learn more about visiting our communities.


Check-in Time

Keys are to be collected from the Council office between 2:00pm – 4:00pm Monday to Friday.

Weekend bookings, check-ins and check-outs are NOT available.
If arriving after hours special arrangements may need to be made, and a callout fee applied.


Payment Policy
100% payment is required at the time of booking


Cancellation Policy
Please advise our office in writing of any changes to your accommodation requirements at your earliest opportunity:
The below cancellation fees will apply to all reservations:
Less than 72 hours’ notice – 20% of your entire booking fee
Less than 24 hours’ notice – 50% of your entire booking fee (or 1 night’s accommodation per booked room whichever is greater)
No notice provided – 100% of your entire booking fee
Credit cards will be charged accordingly.


Community Information

Before you travel, it is important you have an understanding of the region you are visiting, including the ways of community life and things to do and not do.
Read more about our unique Communities.

You can also request a Cultural Induction Pamphlet from the Council Services Manager in the community.